Thursday, 2 April 2009

The days seem to be flying past lately.

Lisa has been home for most of the past 6 weeks and although it's nice to have her here (mostly), it'll also be nice when she goes back to Uni and her own flat. She is still as untidy as ever - but only when she's here, her own place is neat enough - and it's starting to get on my nerves. Also she had tonsillitis last week and made everyone aware of it. I'm just getting over a cold too so she had me frazzled! Once she does go back and I get the room back into some kind of order, I'm going to make it into a kind of sitting room so Keita or Kana can have friends round without needing to worry about the dogs.

Teaching wise it's been pretty tiring lately with all the trial lessons and trying to sort out a new timetable. I can't finalise things until the end of this month when all the new J High kids decide on clubs/juku days but I'm slowly getting there. In all, I think I lost 1, asked another to leave (only because she never came and because she was so far behind I was giving her private lessons which she often didn't come to either) and around 10 new 7 year olds. For the next couple of months it'll be hard until they all settle down but hopefully we'll get into some kind of rhythm faster than last year's new kids did.

This weekend is the start of a tournament for the older boys team and Keita and two friends will join them. If they win the match on Sunday (home ground) then they'll have to go to Awajishima next week which will mean a really early start as they're slotted in for the first match at 9am and since the government reduced the road tolls to 1,000 yen no matter where you drive to/from, all the roads have been jam-packed.

This Sunday is also the ceremony for the new 1st year boys and seemingly they are all pretty good. I think there will be about 17 -20 joining so the weaker ones from Keita's team will have to watch out or they'll be ousted!

Aya and Daisuke are thinking of going on holiday at the end of the month but haven't decided where yet although have been thinking about Saipan or Guam since both places are near and they don't have that much time off work. These days flights are much cheaper - I took my Thai friend to the Travel agents to book her ticket home (first time in 11 years!) and it only cost around 45,000 yen.

No comments: