Friday, 6 November 2009

Bet you thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth! I've still been around and reading everyone's blogs but just never having time to post anything to my own.

We've had a never ending round of hospitals this past month

1. Setsuo was finally diagnosed as having gallstones but because of a waiting list for the operation, he ended up getting jaundice so was in hospital for 10 days, out for just over a week then back in again for the op plus a week.

2. On the day of Setsuo's operation, after I just got back and was taking the dog to the vets (see below), I got a phone call to say that Setsuo's father had been admitted to a different hospital with pneumonia and because of his age it was a bit touch and go. I managed to get him tranferred to the same hospital and he's genki again although has bed sores - how the home didn't pick up on that I don't know but that's a post for a different day. He's still in hospital but we're looking at other options for when he gets discharged.

3. During that time Keita hurt his elbow ligaments so that was another round of 3 different clincs/hospitals for MRI's and then to see a sports specialist but with a bit of luck he should be back in action mid-December.

4. Also during that time, we found out Daisy's cancer has come back again plus she had an eye infection so it's still a constant round of vet visits. She's going for an examination tomorrow to see if her heart will stand a general anaesthetic and if so, will get the lump removed.

5. To top it all off, I got a whopping big sty so just in case I wasn't already sick of hospitals, I got the pleasure of going to the eye doctor!

So THAT'S why I've not been blogging!

Thankfully my mum was over and was a godsend in holding down the fort but it was a shame we didn't get to do anything at all, especially since my dad also came for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully next time.

Other news

Kana passed her exams for Uni so will be following in Lisa's footsteps (but hopefully will do more work!)
Aya and Daisuke moved flats - even nearer this time!
And believe it or not, as from today, I've pulled a muscle in my back! I think we must have used up our share of bad karma by now!!!

1 comment:

illahee said...

dang, you have been BUSY!! hope you have some relaxing times coming up!