Getting my classes organised for the start of the school year is always a headache but especially so this year. Most of the classes were okay but I needed to find a later time for one class that was going into the 2nd year and that was hard. I had two classes of the same age running back to back and needed the 2nd class to start an hour later which the mothers weren't happy about but I finally got the mothers of the boys to agree so the girls are in the first class, the boys the second. It's actually working out well with them split that way and I have the threat that if they don't behave, they'll be put into the girls (or boys) class! This year I could only find the time to add one new class so my numbers are mostly the same (I could have added one on a Tues but I've been trying to keep that day the way it is since I don't need to start until 4.30).
Other news, Daisuke came round a couple of weeks ago to have a 'chat' with Setsuo. He was all rigged out in a suit, shirt and tie - all specially bought for the occasion - and asked if Setsuo would 'allow' him and Aya to get married. It was quite sweet really and also quite amusing watching the pair of them, I don't know who was the most nervous! I think if they can find a place that's not already booked they'll get married sometime this year but so far there's no date set.
Lisa seems to have settled into her new job and having to get up early hasn't stopped here from going out wining and dining a couple of days a week. Kana is enjoying uni life and also has a part time job so I don't see that much of her.
Keita is busy as always and their team has just won a tournament (over 40 teams) so I expect there'll be another write up in the Sports Houchi newspaper again tomorrow. Keita, Riku and another boy were interviewed and the guy even cornered me to ask what mine and Setsuo's names were! After the tournament ended on Sunday, there was a night out and I suffered the next morning because of it!
Here's a few photos from the last two days of the tournament, all in the wrong order as usual!
The coach being thrown in the air!

Newspaper interview (note the height difference!)

Pitching


Happy boys!

Keita with Riku to the left
1 comment:
congratulations! for aya and keita.
you do sound busy!! thanks for the update!
Post a Comment