Wednesday, 11 August 2010

So much for having long lies over the weekend - even though I had the chance to, I was up by 8am both days!

The firework party went well and although there were about 18 of us it seemed less because of the space! I decided that there was going to be no cooking at all this year and bought everything from Costco so it was a lot more relaxing than other years. Poor Lisa had to work and only arrived home after the fireworks had finished. Since Daisy isn't as fit these days, I decided to keep them at home rather than putting them into the kennels overnight and wondered how noisy they would be but I didn't hear a peep - although the fireworks were so loud they could have been barking their heads off and we wouldn't have known.

On Sunday I did NOTHING apart from read a book and tidy some of the aftermath in the afternoon. Kana's 2 friends had stayed overnight and didn't leave until early afternoon so I couldn't have done anything even if I'd wanted to.

Monday I went and got my hair cut and then it was time to collect Setsuo, Keita, Riku and his dad. By the sounds of it, I think they had great fun. They watched a firework display from the hotel roof on the Sat night, had a BBQ and 'swimming' in a river on Sunday and then hiking up a mountain on the Monday before leaving (Setsuo was a wimp and took the cable car with another father and the mothers!) In a way, I wish I'd also gone but having a quiet house and no schedule was also nice.

From the 13th there is another tournament so unless they lose the first match, there's going to be baseball on the 13th, 14th and 15th. Hopefully no more until I'm back at work!

There's a typhoon on it's way north so looks like we're going to be in for a rainy day tomorrow which will be a bit of a relief from the constant sun (actually we did have an hour of spectacular rain on Monday just before the bus was due to arrive back but luckily it stopped before we had to unload everything).

Keita's high school news - I phoned the owner of the club to tell him we'd decided on a school only for him to tell me to hold off for a bit because one of the 'other' schools is desperate for him to join theirs and wants to meet him. They are playing at Koshien at the moment so I don't know when the meeting is going to take place so everything is still up in the air although I've a feeling Keita will still want to go to his initial choice.

No comments: