Friday, 29 August 2008

I phoned the nursery school today to see if they'd managed to find another teacher and it turns out that the woman who was going to do it has to go back to NZ so it looks like I'm going to be there for a bit longer - in fact have to start again next week which is a bit depressing since I thought I had finished. Since I've had a bit of a break over the summer, maybe it won't be too bad.

Some days I really think I've picked the wrong job and would like to pack the whole English teaching thing in but then other days I really enjoy it. Its a catch 22 kind of thing, I know if I did stop I would miss it and also know that I have a cushy number in the amount of hours I teach.

Other news is that FIL wants to come back home (according to him, he's now been in there for over 4 years!) and can get quite stroppy with both Setsuo and the staff. Last weekend, Setsuo took him to the local barbers to get a haircut and he wasn't at all happy about going back. Two of the women came to collect him and he was lashing out at both of them and Setsuo and when they finally got him back inside, they told Setsuo it would be better if he just left. I haven't been for a while, mostly because I've had to go to the baseball but also because he keeps on at me about stealing his pension! The monthly 31,000 yen he gets is going towards our monthly bill of nearly 200,000 for him but he can't understand that so thinks I'm pocketing it. I can live with it. Just hope they don't ask him to leave. Both Setsuo and I have said that if it does come to that, we'll find somewhere else. Now that we've had a couple of months of knowing what it's like to 'live', neither of us are willing to start sacrificing again. Shame for the FIL but there comes a point where we have to put ourselves first for once.

No comments: