This morning we all got a rude awakening thanks to an earthquake. I was still half asleep so didn't really feel it all but I knew it had happened. Setsuo was watching the news and I heard him say it was a '3' before going back to sleep again! I should have stayed up because when I did rouse myself, I suddenly realised that I am flying to NZ tomorrow and all my winter clothes were still in the packing cases and I needed to go and buy another suitcase so should get my #"$% in action.
It was a mad rush but I unpacked the clothes (but then remembered that I had thrown out the majority of my winter stuff anyway) and went out and bought some new undies - the stuff I've been wearing lately are definitely 'for my eyes/washing line only' and since I may have to do a wash at Kana's homestay, thought I should have presentable ones. The suitcase was a bit trickier. The cheap ones were heavy enough to take up half the weight luggage empty and the lightweight ones were going to cost an arm and leg and since they are usually knocked to hell after a couple of trips, I decided to go with one of the mid-priced ones which was 6.4kg. Tonight I have the joy of trying to get everything packed up. (We have another suitcase too so it shouldn't be so bad especially as I'll be going with new undies and not a great deal more!)
Yesterday, as a house-warming present, Fumiyo (Setsuo's sister) sent us 2 paintings of Spike and Daisy (the dogs) that she'd done. They are really good and once I get back, will take photos to post. I had a feeling she would send a painting but didn't expect 2 and not of the dogs either. Thank you Fumiyo!
Well now it's time to teach my last two classes, charge my camera battery and then start the packing. Aya is going for dinner with the people from her new job, Keita and Setsuo are going to watch a baseball game (a professional one) so it's just Lisa and I which will help.
See you at the end of the month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have a great trip! Hope the weather obliges for you....I hear it's been kindof story there lately.
Fiona
Woops...should have been 'stormy' not story. I really shouldn't post comments while I'm having a glass of wine!
Fiona
Post a Comment