Thursday, 27 November 2008

I can hardly believe December is just around the corner and that Kana will be home from New Zealand in 10 days! She'll arrive on Dec 7th but because I have baseball duty (and couldn't get it changed), Setsuo and Aya will go and meet her. Wonder if she'll have reverse culture shock! I know she'll definitely find school hard-going since her NZ one has been so laid back with short days. Being Kana, no doubt she'll cope with it all. Don't know whether I'm going to cope with getting everything ready for her and Mum and Dad arriving a week later though - both of the rooms are still full of boxes!!

Lisa was home for a couple of days last week but I didn't see that much of her since she was out with friends. She's taken the car so will be coming home tomorrow again although I don't know if she'll be staying or leaving right away.

I haven't seen much of Aya at all, she was also supposed to be coming to stay overnight on Saturday but ended up going back to her own place because she had to take her friend home (she was the worse for wear after a night on the town). I might go and visit them tonight though.

On Sunday the 2nd year team had their first match of a tournament that was held at our ground so luckily we only had to be there for 7.30 (when I'm thinking 7.30 is lucky, you can tell what kind of times I usually have to wake up!) The coach said he'd thought about using Keita but had decided to keep him out of the game and use him as starting pitcher the following day. Next day (a public holiday) their team were first up and Keita ended up pitching for the whole game and they won 3-1. At the end of the match, a reporter from a national sports newspaper interviewed Keita and on Wednesday he was in the paper. Basically it said 'A new Darvish is born' and went on to say he was 182cm, 80 kg and had a British mother and also talked about his pitching and the game in general. It was a pity there was no photo but it's a start!

The interviewer also talked to Riku (the catcher) so we thought both of them would get a mention but when it turned out to be only Keita, he must have been really disappointed. Because Keita is the size he is and the fact that he is 'halfu' makes him stand out. (Very similar to Darvish!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_Darvish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DONT WORRY ABOUT MUM AND DAD VISITING.NO NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE OLD FOLKS AS ALL THEY NEED IS A BED AND IN MUMS CASE THE ODD BEER.LOOKING FORWARG TO SEEING KANA .LOVE M XXX