The ceremony went smoothly and it was a good night. Three of my friends went on to another pub afterwards and although I was tempted, I knew I had to be at the BB ground by 6.30am the next morning so was a good girl and came straight home. Two boys who used to be in the same team and have now gone on to play professionally (Seattle Mariners and Seibu Lions) were also there.

Seibu Lions player

Seattle Mariners player

The Seibu Lions player sitting next to Keita - you can see how tense Keita was!!
Yesterday it was the two final matches of the 1st year team tournament. They won the first one and when Keita starting warming up for the 2nd match, there were loads of coaches, and boys all lined up watching him. He went in as starting pitcher but didn't have such a great game and ended up being pulled out half way through (they were tied 4-4 at that point). They finally won the game and tournament 6-4 so at least he didn't have to feel too bad about it although he did say he'd got a telling off from the coach!! I felt a bit sorry for him because he must have been under quite a bit of pressure with so many waiting for a replay of last weeks match but at least it means too much success won't be going to his head!
Keita was in bed and asleep by 7.30 and I followed not long after at 9.

The first year team after winning the tournament (and before they were properly posed for the photographer)

Spike and Daisy have started sleeping on two cushions that I put out for them. Spike was trying his hardest to push Daisy off the one lying in the sunshine!!
1 comment:
i love baseball and would love for my kids to play someday but damn! you are one dedicated baseball mom! hat's off to you!
and although i am not a dog lover, i LOVE that photo of spike pushing his way onto the best seat in the house! :D
Post a Comment