Kana is home!
When I got back from BB, she was in the classroom with 3 of her friends who'd also gone to the airport to meet her (Setsuo brought them all home). Aya didn't go to the airport but she came over to the house when they got back. At night we all went out for dinner to our next door neighbours (from the last house) new restuarant. It had opened the night before and even though I'd gone with my friend the previous night, we decided to go again. It was the first time we'd all been together since last Christmas so it was nice and rowdy! It really feels that Kana has never been away.
The new restaurant (Izakaya) is quite near and I think it's going to be a regular watering hole for me! Her husband is a good cook and the food is much better than the average chain-style Izakaya. Aya and Lisa have also arranged that when they go, their bills will come to us - ouch!
Before Kana arrived, I managed to get all the boxes in her room tidied up but couldn't really do much since she has to go through it all to see what she wants to keep. At the moment, it's a shambles but knowing Kana, she'll have it tidy in no time. Even though they are just home, they had school two days later and now she'll have club practice until the end of the year too. She seems quite happy about it though.
The spare room is still a mass of boxes so that's what I'm going to have to do from now until Monday. With a bit of luck I'll get it finished on Saturday although lord only knows where the boxes are going to be moved to.
I've also finally sent off for the Xmas presents for the party on the 23rd but still have no decorations up. That's something else that needs to be done over the weekend or there'll be no point - I only have one more week of classes and then the party. Poor kids - everyone elses decorations have been up since the end of November!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment