A pretty uneventful weekend.
It's been nice not having to go to BB every Sat/Sun apart from the duty days and means I have time to relax and do whatever I like. It also means that I'm finally able to meet up with some friends from the English group and have some great English conversation for a change!
On Sunday we went to the home since they were having a 'rice cake eating' party. It was quite funny seeing all the men and women pounding the rice (they are all at different levels of senility). Setsuo's father had his turn too but wasn't really that interested! They made the rice cakes and those that could, got to eat it. It was a shame for Setsuo's father because he really loves it but because of the choking hazard, wasn't allowed any (he did get zenzai which is red bean soup with small bits of mochi in it) and he kept pointing to the rice cakes and motioning that he wanted some.
And that was the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've heard of the choking hazard for elderly folks while eating mochi....I love mochi-I guess when I'm old I'll have to sneak my mochi and eat it when no one is watching me...just the thing I would do. ;) I an just hear them now..."that naughty old America Obachan, she is sneaking the mochi again!" lol
Post a Comment