Thursday, 14 January 2010

So far, we've still managed to escape all the snow that's going about the country (world?) but it sure is cold these days. This morning when I did the usual ritual of wiping down the window frames, the condensation that had gathered had actual frozen in both Keita's and our bedrooms (Kana is lucky enough to have a her bedroom on a different side of the house). Even though there was ice on the frames, the rooms themselves are quite warm once we get over the initial shock of going from warm living room but I think it really is time to get the blankets out again. The pond where the turtles are in is also covered in ice but I reckon it's warmer with that layer - or do they need it broken to breathe? They haven't been appearing for a while so I think they must be sleeping for the winter (either that or dead from lack of air - now that I've typed that, I'm going to have to go and check after work!)

Because I had a 'New Year' party to go to on my birthday, we had the family one a day earlier. We intended going out for a Chinese meal but because it was so cold, we ended up going to a pub restaurant in Juso instead and then came back here for presents and cake. The NY party was for the mothers and boys in the school baseball club and although Keita is only there for training practice ie he can't use those balls so doesn't play in any matches (in fact doesn't even have the uniform other than the cap!) we were both invited too. All but one of the mothers I know either from Keita's last BB club or the kindergarten he used to go to so it was a good boozy night! Luckily next day was also a school day so we all got home at a reasonable time.

Other than that, not a great deal else has been happening.

1 comment:

illahee said...

happy belated birthday!!

keep warm. we had a bit of snow, but it sure is cold otherwise! brrrr....