Last week I decided to treat myself to some books from The Book Depository (free shipping no matter where you live) and ended up ordering 15!! I'm always happy when I know there are books on their way, but that happiness is 10-fold when they actually arrive. Not only do I have some books to read but Setsuo has agreed to leave me at home and go to one of the big tournaments with Keita this week - they'll be away for 3 days - so not only do I get to read until late, I ALSO GET TO SLEEP AS LONG AS I LIKE!!! It's going to be heaven! Can't tell you how ecstatic that makes me feel!
Another good thing is that we have decided to take down the batting cage that was up on the 4th floor. Keita wasn't really using it that much and I since he's not going to be here to use it after March, we decided it could come down (although both Keita and Setsuo are now having second thoughts). Saturday is the firework display so we would have had to take down the netting anyway but once it's totally dismantled and taken away, I'll get the verandah cleaned and we'll have a huge space again.
**I've just gone upstairs to check on the progress and it's down! The carpenters are just clearing up the last of the bolts and joints. I'd forgotten just how big the area is and am now excited about having all that space again. (It's pathetic how easily pleased I am!!)
Aya had a good time in China (although Daisuke wasn't happy that she went as it was 'boy' friends she was meeting. I can understand his feelings but I know they are just friends so understand Aya wanting to meet up with them as she'll have few chances in the future. She should have kept quiet or said it was girls she was meeting! Being Miss Honesty doesn't always pay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm also a bookworm...I told Masaaki that I am taking ALL my books to Japan when we move and he just gave me "that look" -I looked back and said.."what?" (I have a ton of books to ship). Maybe we could exchange used books when I get to Japan! My husband also wanted to know-what school is your son going to and what team? Masaaki is a huge fan of baseball-the summer games are going to start soon (High-school teams) and he never misses a game on TV. He wondered if your son is going to be playing? Masaaki wanted to cheer specially loud for his team..!
Thanks again for your comments on my blog- so far no one else has posted anything. I have also tried to "pre-make" friends with some foreign wives in Japan but honestly-some of them were rather stand-offish...I'm a very open and outgoing person....I think that is going to be one of my toughest areas....finding friends...
any other advice you may want to pass along will be greatly appreciated!!
Great, someone I can trade books with!
I know exactly what you mean by 'that look', guess you need to be a bookworm to understand why it's so hard to just throw books away.
Keita is still in the 3rd year of Junior High school so he has to wait a bit before he can (hopefully) play at Koshien as it's only for Senior High School teams. The schools we're seriously considering at the moment are PL Gakuen, Hiroshima Kouryo and Meitoku in Kochi.
All 3 schools have good baseball teams although PL didn't make it to the finals so won't be competing at Koshien this year but that school is less than an hour away from us so it would be easier to go and visit....
I'll have a think about anything else that would be good for you to know before coming over here and let you know.
Post a Comment