Monday, 17 March 2008





It's been a busy weekend!

Keita's speech at the nursery went well and although he barely looked up while he was speaking, he did speak out loud and clear and didn't make any mistakes. After it was over 4 of the teachers wanted their photos taken with him so we didn't get to leave until nearly 12.

In the afternoon I had to go to Kana's school for a class meeting. I made a mistake with the time so was the first to arrive. The teacher said that Kana is working hard and is very popular with the teachers and (especially) the boys!

On Sunday, we had the graduation ceremony for Keita's baseball followed by a BBQ. It was nice to be the ones sitting back relaxing and having the younger kids mothers look after us for a change! After the BBQ (and a lot of drinks) the kids played a game against the coaches which was good fun - all of the kids were in positions other than their own so Keita was catcher. After that, they played against the mothers/fathers and this time, the kids all pitched when it was their own mum's turn. Unlucky for me, I had Keita pitching and I was terrified at the speed the ball came to me! I did manage to 'touch' it though so got to run.

I started to get a headache around lunch time and by the time we left for home, I was starting to feel sick with it and ended up in bed by 7pm. I think I got a slight sunstroke because this morning when I got up both mine and Setsuo's faces were sunburnt (and I hadn't drank enough for that to be the cause!) At least having about 12 hrs sleep will have done me good.

No comments: