Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Already a week has passed since Keita's graduation. Every morning from 9.30-11am, he and 4 of his friends are coming for 'English Lessons'. Not really lessons, I'm just giving them reading and writing practice. At the beginning they were super keen and quiet but now that they've been coming a few days, they talk non-stop although are still doing the work. Wonder if it's going to make any difference to them!

The drawback is that I have very little free time and since they go upstairs to play afterwards too, the house is looking like a tip. I can't blame it all on Keita though since Aya has moved her stuff in (there wasn't really room in the old house) and she is there with her friend quite often too but between them all, it's not quite as tidy as it used to be.

Last Saturday, my Thai friend stayed overnight with me in it too. It was the first time I'd been in it longer than just a few minutes and it was lovely to sleep on a nice new futon and without anyone else in the room (incl the dogs). My friend was fed up and wanted to 'escape' from her own house so we went out for drinks/dinner and then she stayed until lunch time the next day.

On Saturday Keita will start with his new baseball team (they have kept phoning to see if and when he would). It's the team that he's wanted to go to all along so he's quite happy. Next Thursday is his entrance ceremony for the JHS and then from there it should be a bit quieter around her albeit I'll have to start making packed lunches again.

No comments: