Since the last post, I've found out that not all the airlines will be putting up their prices to the extent of Air NZ. There will be an increase by all, just not as much as I feared. Pheww!
By the time I got round to booking, Air NZ were more or less full for the month of August so we are going with Cathay Pacific. Osaka - Taipei - Hong Kong - Auckland with a 4 hour layover in Hong Kong. On the way back there is no Taipei stop so it will be a bit easier. Instead of travelling straight on to Christchurch as planned, we are going to spend the first 4 days with Stephanie, then fly into Timaru (20 minutes away from Kana's host family) for 4 days. We'll take Kana back with us to Auckland and spend the next week with Stephanie again and the three of us will leave on the 23rd - Kana back to Timaru at 7am, us to Osaka at 7.30am. Poor Setsuo still doesn't get to go on holiday but at least both Keita and Aya will be there to keep him company - just Lisa and I will be going.
We hit a brick wall with Setsuo's father and the home. Before they will allow him to move in he has to have a physical and I got him as far as the Doctor's office but then he refused to go in. Nothing we said would make him go so tonight the Doctor is coming to the house to do most of it and we are hoping we can think of a way of getting him to go for the X-ray. I was so frustrated I could have wrung his neck! Before the doc comes, we also have to find a way of getting him to give a urine sample so looks like we're going to be having fun tonight.
I was also a bit fed up last week because I should have been going to an English Teacher's meeting on the 22nd and then out to a BBQ with friends later but then found out that the BBall needs our car that day. They are in the middle of a tournament and when there are 'away' matches, we have to take them. I'd been looking forward to going but I suppose I'll also enjoy the BB when I get there - it would be nice if I didn't have to go EVERY week though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment