Today when I phoned the home, they said that FIL has taken a bath (which is great in itself!), has been eating well and went shopping with one of the staff today so obviously he is doing okay. Neither of us were able to go but the woman said that once a week is fine, especially as he was still settling in. It was nice to be told because now we don't have to feel as if we should be going every day. It also means I have some time to start sorting out his room and also start on packing.
Today was my nursery class and I've more or less decided that I'm going to give it up. Every week when Tuesday comes around, I inwardly groan and get very little pleasure from teaching there. Some days it goes okay but on average, I'm dragging my feet and could really do with the morning to myself, especially since my next class is at 4.30 so I would more or less have the whole day free. I'm going to decide for definite by next week and if I do decide to stop, I'll tell them next week to give them time to find somebody else. (The whole of August is a holiday so if I work until the end of July, they only have to find someone from September).
With everything to do with Setsuo's father, the need to pack and move and also all the new kids that started classes from April (some of them *still* haven't settled down yet), I feel totally worn out and am in dire need of a rest. Maybe once we have moved - we are going to use a removal company even though it is just around the corner- and I've been to NZ, I'll feel more refreshed.
We have decided to insert a wall between the living room and toilet/bathroom/entrance and make a hallway and the carpenters should start working on it this week sometime. Since it is only a wall that is being added it shouldn't take too long and hopefully it won't make that much difference to the size of the living room. At least it will give those going to the loo a bit more privacy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment