Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Over the past month we've had pressure to decide on a new captain for the team - which was easy as all the boys were more or less in agreement that it be Riku - and also a new Kaicho (head father) and fujin bucho (head mother). The choice for father is usually made by the fathers and Riku's dad was the choice but he didn't want to do it so over the past few weeks there's been quite a lot of animosity and cliques forming. In the end we had another meeting on Sunday and although he finally agreed to do it, he let it be known that he wasn't doing it willingly (and it was quite an eye-opener to see not only that side of him but also a different side of Riku's mum too). The Kaicho usually picks out someone he thinks he can work well with to be the head mother and Riku's father gave 3 names and said they could decide between themselves. One of the names was a mother who had already offered to be the fujin bucho so that was easy but the other two have now become her deputies. Both of them are okay on their own but I've a feeling it isn't going to work well with both of them. They are both friends and are usually the ones that end up causing a lot of friction when they are together. I hope I'm wrong but even if not, I'll just keep out of any arguments that happen. I never thought baseball could cause so many headaches!

I've been out walking for the past couple of nights and when I weighed myself today, it looks like I've put on about 400g over the past week which isn't really surprising since the whole diet, no-beer policy went out the window (plus I had a beer on Mon and two last night!) Still at least 5.5kg to go.......

1 comment:

Corinne said...

baseball seems like sooo much work for parents!! I'm very much hoping Ash is into something that requires little to no participation from me! haha terrible mother I am!
I guess lots of women with different opinions will always cause friction eh.
Good luck with the 5.5kgs left to go, 400g is pretty good! No beer is impossible for me when its this hot and there are BBQs to attend. ganbatte!