Monday, 26 May 2008

On Saturday it poured down from morning til night and then during the night too. Keita should have had a baseball match early Sunday morning and because of the rain, we didn't know whether it would be on or off so I still had to get up at 4.45 to get everything prepared (we had to leave just after 6am). As I thought would happen, it was cancelled at the last minute - last minute being 6.30 so by 11am I was ready to go back to bed!

In the morning, Setsuo and I went out to a sports shop while Keita stayed at home doing homework and then when he went out with friends, we went to a furniture shop to look at dining room tables. We went thinking we would buy a light coloured one but there was a dark brown one in the shop on sale that we liked so we put our name on it and then went home to measure the room just to be sure (we could 'keep' it for 3 days). Once Keita came home, we set off again (the shop is on the 4th floor of the airport building in Hotarugaike). Keita was tired and constantly moaned about feeling sick in the car - which I don't believe - and then when we arrived and got out of the car he kept saying things like 'this will only take 15 minutes won't it' and generally being a pain in the ****. By the time we'd reached the 2nd floor, Setsuo said 'let's go home' and since there was no talking him out of it, that's what we did.

Anyway, maybe it was just as well because today when we headed off to go back yet again, we decided to go to another shop first and we found a table we liked much better! This one is a lighter wood and although quite a bit more expensive, I think it'll look better in the room. It is 2m long and 95cm wide and although we were originally going to buy 8 chairs, we've decided to just get 6 as there will be few times there are actually 8 of us eating together and at those times we can just use different chairs. The table and 4 chairs will be delivered on Friday but we'll have to wait about 10 days for the remaining two. Once it's in the house, I'll post a photo.

No comments: