Today the Monk came to do the house-moving of the O-Butsudan (the shrine for Setsuo's mother). First he chanted and prayed in the old house and then did the same (or what sounded the same - who can tell) in the new house after Setsuo and one of the carpenters moved it in. So, lucky O-Baa-chan, she is the first to officially move house! I just wish all the other furniture and boxes and things could be moved as easily!
The monk is a young guy - probably in his late 20s, early 30s and is very, very handsome and has eyelashes to die for! If it wasn't for the fact that he also has a young wife, I think Aya would drool over him especially since he also drives a Mini Cooper, her dream car!
When we built the house, I knew we would have to have the shrine in the living room (otherwise it would have been in the guest room and I didn't think our visitors would appreciate that) and we had planned where it would go only to find out that that place would be no good because it shouldn't face North. So we have had to re-assess all our furniture because of it. Luckily we don't have a lot of furniture going in there but still.........You'd have though Setsuo would have realised what way it should be facing but as with a lot of things, I seem to be the one that either knows or at least remembers when it's pointed out. (His solution was to keep it in the same place but facing a different way - sounds okay until you know that by doing that, it would be blocking half a window. I sometimes wonder at the way his mind works!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment