Yesterday was Keita's sports day and unlike the elementary school where they line the kids up with the smallest in front, at the high school it is tallest at the front with the result that we could see Keita easily but nobody else! I'm sure a lot of mothers were a bit disgruntled at not being able to take photos of THEIR kids.

He was in the 100m race and (surprisingly) came first - he's not known for his speed!


He was also in the 3-legged race - in this case it was a few more legs - and I think they walked more than ran!
It was a red hot day so I was kind of glad that I had classes and could only go in the morning.

On the baseball front, Keita and Riku are mostly playing in the 2nd year team these days. The 2nd year has a lot of players out with injuries but I think they are also hoping to strengthen the team by putting the two of them in. Good for Keita and Riku (the more tournaments they play, the more exposure they get and from now on, since the High Schools have already picked who they want from the 3rd year teams, they'll be looking at the 2nd year kids). I've a feeling that there's going to be (more) jealousy/envy with some of the more competitive mothers though but at least it's two of us rather than just the one. I can live with it.
A few weeks ago Setsuo won tickets for a pro baseball match and because Oct 1st was the only day he and Keita were both free, they picked that date. Lucky for them because it turned out to be the farewell match for one of the famous baseballers (the tickets were supposedly sold out wihin 5 minutes). They both came back very happy!
While they were away, I went with Aya and Daisuke to see their new apartment. It's just a one bedroom flat but the living room is quite big and they have a big verandah too. They plan on moving in over the weekend although Aya hasn't even started packing yet!
Tonight I'm going out with 5 of the mothers from the old baseball club but need to be back at a decent time because I've a class tomorrow morning. I also have an English Teachers' meeting at my school on Sunday so need to get the place tidied up. Once this year's Expo is over, I'm going to step down from being coordinator as most of the meetings clash with bb matches so until Keita is in Snr high, I'll concentrate on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment