Tuesday, 28 October 2008

The party is over - hurray!

Altogether there were 65 kids and about 10 or so mothers but it wasn't as packed as I thought it might have been. Having just the one was a wise move - we were still knackered at the end but at least didn't have to face another. As always, the same group of kids were wild and half way through it, I was starting to lose my voice. We had about 3 extra games lined up but because it took so long getting them organised, we ran out of time. It was interesting to see that the mothers that came to help out were the ones with 'good kids' and those with the wild ones stayed at home, no doubt thankful to get a couple of hours peace from their offspring. Now, just the Xmas party to start planning for - groan.

Setsuo came back just after the party had finished so we all went out for lunch and then Setsuo and I went off to see Keita playing. I'd phoned my friend because it had been drizzling all day so I thought they might be sent home early but she said Keita was pitching in the 2nd years match. Stupid me asked if they needed anything brought and had to start making coffee to take (has to be percolated, not instant) and just as we arrived, they swapped pitchers! We ended up staying until the end though.

Because of the rain, both Keita's shoes and spikes were really caked in mud so he washed one pair and I did the other. His spikes have almost no sole left on one of them and I'm just hoping we've caught it in time to get it repaired. If not, I think we'll have to go and get his feet measured again before ordering another pair - he said they aren't tight but don't have the same amount of room they had when they were new so looks like his feet are still growing. When are they ever going to stop?

Also, when he went to get his hand X-rayed the other day, the doctor said his bones still haven't fused which means he is still growing. The Doc reckoned he'll go to at least 185cm (6 foot) but possibly be even taller.

Haven't heard from any of the girls lately although Lisa will be coming at the weekend because she wants to borrow the car. Kana has started talking about presents for her NZ friends so is obviously gearing up for coming home. Wonder if she'll be like Lisa was - everything was so much better in NZ!

After 4 more lessons today, I'm off for the next three days, yay!

No comments: