Tuesday, 14 October 2008

This weekend had yet another Monday added onto it to make it a 3 day weekend. Although it's always nice to get them, if there aren't 4 clear Mondays in the month I always have to work (even though a lot of students don't turn up). It was the same yesterday - 2 in the first class, 2 in the next and a no-show for the last.

On Sunday it was my day on duty at the BB so I was there all day and then yesterday I went until around 1.30pm. Keita pitched the full 7 rounds of the 2nd years' match (they won) on Sunday and then the last 2 of yesterdays as well (another win). He only went into half of the first years match (1st base) yesterday (win). His batting is also getting much better and if he was a faster runner, yesterday he would have got home with one of his hits - he only made it to 3rd base but for his speed that was really good!!

Although I'm happy he's getting to play with the 2nd year team, I wonder what's going to happen when they leave to go into the high school - he's going to have to come back with the 1st years and nudge someone else out of a position they've been playing in for over a year.

Although the weather has cooled down a lot, yesterday I still managed to get sunburnt. Today is another rainy day.

Aya has got settled into her flat and apart from small things, I think they have more or less bought everything they need. She had a small fridge from when she was in Tokyo that has been up on the top floor of our house so instead of taking that (it's got my beer in it!), I bought them a bigger one. I also paid for their bed but that's a secret!! Daisuke's parents bought their curtains, carpet and rice cooker and his mother bought them a dish cabinet.

Lisa has been rather quiet lately - her Uni started last month so I'm *hoping* she is busy with her classes. She's coming back on Saturday because she wants me to take her to Costco and she also needs to take another sample to the doctor. A couple of weeks ago she kept having colitis symptoms and thought it might be another flare up. The first sample was borderline so they want her to do another even though the symptoms have now passed.

Only another 2 months left before Kana comes home - 11 months seems a long time at the beginning but the time has passed really quickly. Wonder how she's going to re-adapt to her school and all it's pressures. Since the NZ holiday fiasco, I haven't been to the school. We were supposed to go and help out with the Festival Day in September but I reckoned that since they wouldn't bend for me, I wasn't going to go and do anything for them especially since Kana wasn't even there. Will probably have to go to the meeting before the kids come to back Japan though.

No comments: