Thursday, 6 August 2009

I've been trying to add a weight-loss 'ticker' to this blog but no matter how hard I try, it always comes up with 'illegal characters' so I'll just have to be content with a written update. So far, another 200g which seems a bit paltry but not so bad when added to the other 2kg. Only 6.3 to go!! I have to keep reminding myself that as it's taken 3 years to put on, it's definitely not going to come off in 3 weeks (how I'd love it if that was the case).

Tonight our walking 'leader' is off drinking and another friend has to take her son to the doctors and may not be back in time so I may not go either. Although there are usually quite a few people walking, it's also quite dark in places (a bicycle track with paths on either side) so I don't really fancy going alone. Also the walk time coincides with our dinner time (between 8.30 and 9pm - late I know. Since it's the only time we can all sit down together, I've made a point of having everyone wait for the last person to arrive and now I'm the one who's leaving them to it and taking off!) Anyway, since it's supposedly going to rain this afternoon, walking may not be on the agenda in any case but if it stays dry then maybe I'll go out after dinner and just walk to and around the park perimeter - anything is better than nothing, right?

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Hmmm night walking doesn't sound too good, maybe best to take a break today. I haven't been jogging once this week, feeling very guilty!
You don't look like you need to lose any weight from your photos!

ailsa said...

Hi Corinne

Looks like it's definitely going to rain so I doubt there'll be any walking tonight anyway.

Because I'm tall (177 or 178) I can get away with being a bit overweight but.... once my clothes start getting too tight, there is NO way I can buy new ones here in Japan plus I'm at the age (48) where my body is starting to spread out so really need a bit of exercise to get rid of the flab and generally tone up.

A rest tonight will be nice anyway and back to the walking tomorrow!

Corinne said...

haha, I'm tall too, I know what you mean! Well you look great, but I can understand the clothes being too tight concept, I don't want to think about trying my pre-baby clothes on, I might cry!
Walk a bit extra tomorrow and enjoy the break tonight then!

M said...

This is why I prefer counting in pounds as you feel like you have lost more! LOL! :-)