Tuesday, 25 August 2009
Yesterday afternoon Keita asked if some of his friends could stay overnight so I said yes before asking how many - turns out there were 7 of them! Luckily they all ate dinner at home first and also brought their own pillow and blanket so I only had rustle up 7 futons for them to sleep on. Apart from the normal rowdiness that you'd expect from 14 yo boys, they are all good kids and Keita has so little time to do sleepovers so I don't mind. Since I knew the amount of bread we had was never going to be enough for breakfast, after dinner I went shopping to the supermarket that just happens to be next door to my friend's restaurant. Since there were only another 2 customers in, I decided to go and keep them company and of course have a couple of beers while we were chatting! I ended up coming home after 10.30 so just as well all the kids are of an age that they can look after themselves! Actually they always sleep in the classroom so I never see them until morning anyway. This morning saw me making 12 hotdogs, 12 hotdog rolls with ham and egg and I also took down oranges and 2 family packs of sweet breads and all that was left was one orange segment - thank god I don't have 8 boys to feed every day! It's so funny to see their sleeping arrangements - the classroom is huge - about 45 tatami mat size - but they always have their futuns really close to each other in one corner and end up in a tangled mess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like they had fun (and you, too!)
Escaping for beers sounds awesome! Wow, 8 boys, they must have been rowdy (and hungry)! I hope your hubby is feeling better too!
Post a Comment