Monday, 14 January 2008



Yesterday and this morning can only be described 'very full'!

Yesterday started off okay. I was awake at 6am because I was going to Keita's baseball match (leaving at the ungodly hour of 7am) and had everything organised if you forget about 2 days washing that had piled up because of rain and which I had to ignore. The match went okay even if Keita had forgotten his glove - he borrowed his friend's! Once we got back at lunch time, I collected the forgotten glove and took it to their practice ground and then did some shopping on the way home. Since Lisa was going out to get her nails done (in preparation for the 'Coming-of-Age' ceremony today), Kana and I went shopping to get a few more bits and pieces for her and got back around 5pm. I thought I would be able to relax a bit before having to make dinner but got a phone call saying that I should have taken Lisa's kimono into them by 4pm at the latest. Luckily it was just in Umeda but I had to get everything together and then fight my way through all traffic. Because there were so many boxes and bags to carry, Kana came with me so after depositing everything and giving my humblest apologies, we went to a couple of shops to try to find something for the homestay parents. By the time we got back just after 7pm, I was ready to collapse. It doesn't sound that hectic but I hate being late for anything or keeping anyone waiting so I was kind of frazzled.

Today, I didn't want to have to rush around again, so Lisa was warned she had to be out of the house by 8am so we could be at the 'dressers' by 8.50. Keita had to leave at 7.30 am so I was up in plenty of time and surprisingly we left on time. Lisa managed to hobble from the car park to the place and we arrived with time to spare. They said she would need about 2 hrs so I decided just to go to a coffee shop and wait there rather than come all the way home. After about 30 minutes, I got a call from the coach to ask if I could take some wood (for burning at the ground) but since I was in Umeda and Setsuo wouldn't be home for at least another 1.5 hrs it was dilemma time again! I decided that since I still had 1.5 hrs before Lisa would be finished, to go and deliver the wood and then come back for her. I just got as far as the car park when my phone rang to say that she was finished. I couldn't believe it! I had to retrack back to the shop to collect her, bring her home, then pack and deliver the wood so once more I was knackered.

At 12, after Setsuo got back, we went round to the new house to take some photos of Lisa and then went and collected her friend and then took them to the Ceremony place. After that, Setsuo and I went out for lunch. Since I am working this afternoon, when the pick-up call comes, he will have to go!

Lisa looked lovely today - much nicer that when she got dressed for the official photos. It's just a shame that she still has a cast on her leg and has to hobble around. If you look at her feet closely you can see her cast but otherwise people probably just think she can't walk properly in a kimono!!

(I only managed to upload 2 photos on this page, more on next one!)

No comments: