On another blog that I visit from time to time, the subject of small kids being picky eaters came up (she has triplets plus a baby - I'm in awe of her, PLUS she is a gifted blogger - her posts are so funny).
Anyway most of the comments that she received said that their kids were just the same and it got me thinking about why mine aren't. They have had their moments of not liking some things - Aya won't eat chinese mushrooms, Keita is not keen on a certain kind either but will eat them from time to time, Lisa isn't keen on carrots (although she ate them all the time she was in NZ) and with Kana it's peas but even she is eating them in NZ too! Other than that, I really can't think of anything that they'll refuse, especially if they are at somebody else's house. I know they are all older now but I really don't remember them being any different when they were smaller either - maybe I have just forgotten although I don't think so. I think the main reason that they are like they are is that they were always made to TRY something - if they didn't like it they could spit it out right away, the rule was that it had to go into their mouth first. A lot of posters were saying that if their kids didn't like something, they brought it back out for the next meal and then the next until it was eaten which to me is the surest way to make sure the kids ends up HATING that particular food. Perhaps it was also easier for me being here in Japan since we usually have 3 or 4 different dishes on the table anyway so I didn't have to cook what I thought they would eat, I could just do what I planned and if they didn't fancy one thing they ate another. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful that I don't have/didn't have the same problems that a lot of them seem to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so far, my kids like most anything. the only thing they refuse are raw veggies. but i think that's because they don't have the teeth to chew them. well, hiro does, and he's starting to eat more veggies.
but i think having several things to chose from at a meal is a good point. very easy to get them to eat something. and once in a while i try to get them to try something they didn't like before.
Post a Comment