The house is still a bit of a shambles - every time I get a few boxes cleared away, there seems to be more arriving. The old house is now totally cleared on the 3rd and 4th floors, the bathroom, Lisa's old room and one of the rooms on the 2nd floor. The other room and kitchen needs to be gone through a bit more. All the rubbish and furniture has already gone but there are things that we have to decide what to do with.
I also got the blood result back and I'm as fit as a fiddle (just wish I felt the same way!) This heat alone tires you out but with moving on top of it, there is no wonder I'm knackered. It doesn't help that Keita isn't going to sleep until around 11.30 or midnight either. He was quite happy going into his new room and sleeping alone but whereas he used to just conk out about 9.30, it takes him longer. The dogs are staying off the sofas although Spike has had a few tries and so far we have kept them out of the bedrooms too (although Daisy sneaked in a couple of times last night). We have the main air conditioner going in the living room and if we leave the bedrooms doors open during the night, that is enough to cool the whole house. To keep the dogs out, we have to put things in the doorways but since we have so many boxes lying around, that isn't a problem.
All in all, I'm enjoying being here. It is much smaller than our old place but as everything is on the same floor, it's very easy to do things without having to think about either going up or down stairs first. When I'm in the kitchen, I just have to turn around and I can usually reach what I need without walking! The best part is that I am home within about 5 minutes of finishing classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment