Yesterday we had a spectacular thunderstorm! The sky went black and then the rain came crashing down with thunder and lightening sounding like it was just above our roof. It's the first rain for over a month so it was a nice change and even brought the temperature down for a while.
Other than that, no real news. On Thursday I'm going out for dinner with Aya and boyfriend which should be interesting. He is seemingly very nervous so I've booked at my friends restaurant in the hope that a few beers will relax him! Only me this time around - we'll put off meeting father for a bit longer!
Even if it had been planned for Setsuo to go, he would have had to cancel since he has just been diagnosed with shingles and he's obviously in pain. Since I've had it before, I know just how much he must be suffering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh how I wish it would rain here! Sadly (and it seems funny to say) we have yet another gorgeously fine day here in the mountains of Gifu.
Hope the meeting goes well...hopefully I have many many years to come before I get to meet the boyfriend. Dd (at 12) is still in the 'boys are yukky' stage!
I feel for your poor husband. I too had shingles just after graduating college about oh...too many years ago to mention! Hope he recovers quickly.
Fiona
Hi Fiona
The rain was awesome and very welcome. Before coming to Japan I used to dream of hot, sunny days but now I'm looking forward to escaping to the cold winter of NZ. Not looking forward to having to return to the heat again though.
I can guarantee that it won't be long before your daughter stops thinking boys are yukky! Keita used to say the same all through elementary school but seems to have changed his tune a bit now he's at the ripe old age of 13 although he hasn't quite come as far as saying he likes any of them yet.
It seems a bit strange not to have met Aya's boyfriend before now - there were always boys coming to our house for dinner while we were growing up (I have 2 sisters) even if they were just friends. Obviously it's the Japanese part of her thats at work just now!
yes too many boys came to the house.lost track of all the names.remember the one in white overalls who i thought was a painter but was ailsa,s latest cutey guess who wrote this xxx
Don't need many guesses! Actually he wasn't my 'cutie', he was just a friend. xx
Post a Comment