We've finally moved house!!
There are still a few bits and pieces lying in the old house (plus one small cupboard that we totally forgot about) but 99% is now moved. The guys that came to do it were amazing. One of them (from Mongolia) was carrying three boxes at a time and RUNNING up and down the stairs with them - remember we have 4 flights too! He wasn't particular big either but very, very strong. Not only did they do all the moving but they also carried all of Setsuo's fathers furniture (plus our dining table & chairs, sofas, desk etc downstairs to the garage area). We have hoovered it all up but it still needs a quick lick before we get the cleaner in to tidy it up a bit by the 28th.
Meanwhile, this house is full of boxes but we'll get there eventually.
I was at the eye clinic today because of a sty but hopefully that will clear up now that I've got drops for it. It's the 2nd one in about 6 months and because my blood pressure tested low (first for me) the doc said I should go and get a blood test to rule out diabetes - seemingly sties and boils are one symptom of diabetes, ho hum! One good thing is that when I got home and told Aya, she offered to take out and put away all the kitchen stuff!! Maybe I'll put off getting the blood test for a bit longer!
Apart from the sty, by the time the move was finished, Setsuo and I were both knackered. Keita had been at a baseball match (they won 5-4) so he too was exhausted -and also has a sore back - so we went to the local cheap Chinese restaurant. Food has never tasted as good as it did last night!
We had been given a bottle of champagne from one of Setsuo's customers and I'd put it away thinking we could drink it on our first night in the house so I put it in the freezer while we were at the restaurant. When we got back and I went to take it out, there was frozen liquid under the bottle which seemed a bit strange. There was also no 'pop' when the cork came out so the cork must have been loose or something - anyway it tasted foul so I was glad I'd already had a beer with my dinner!
The dogs will come back from the kennel today. It was nice having them out of the house for a couple of days and now the fight to keep them off the new sofas begins. They are also not going to be able to get into our bedrooms either so they are going to be in for a shock!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment