Wednesday, 23 July 2008

On Saturday we went to see one of Setsuo's customer's daughter singing. She was one of the older girls in the orchestra club when Kana was at Jnr High and I already knew she was extremely talented at piano and clarinet but I wasn't expecting her to have such an amazing voice too. She is hoping to go professional and the way she sounded on Saturday, I think she'll make it. An added surprise was that her older sister (who I taught English to about 17 years ago!) was also singing with her and although she too had a great voice, there was no comparison.

On Sunday, I was on 'duty' at the baseball so it was a long, hot day and then Monday was the first day of the Toyonaka Baseball Tournament so we were up at 4.30am, and out by 5.30. Keita didn't have to leave until just before 8am but I woke him up before we left to be on the safe side. Keita's team was 'host' so we had to set up tents and get the ground all prepared before the other teams started to arrive around 8am. Even at such an early hour, it was really hot and climbed to 35 degrees so there were a lot of red, sweaty bodies around! Keita has had a sore back for over a week so I wondered if they were going to use him - he's been on first base for the last few matches because of it - but he was starting pitcher and they managed to wipe the other team out with a score of 11-1! Because there was a 10 point difference, they didn't have to play the whole match so Keita ended up pitching all but the last inning. Hopefully they can play as well on Saturday.

We got home at around 5.30pm, ate 'bought' food and then one by one, crashed out - Keita at 7, Setsuo at 8 and then me at 9pm!

No comments: