Last Tuesday, the teacher at the nursery school said that lesson was the last until September and although I thought it was a bit earlier than usual, I thought maybe they were doing it because I said I wanted to finish working there so today I was looking forward to being able to get started on all the unpacking since my first afternoon class isn't until 4.30 pm but I got at phone call just after 9am to say that she had made a mistake and today was the last lesson so I ended up going in without doing any preparation whatsoever. I also realised that I had a parent-teacher-student meeting at 1.45 pm so my plans went to pot.
I decided to go and get a blood test on my way back from the nursery class: The doc sniggered a bit when I told him the optician had said to get tested for diabetes so he obviously doesn't think there's much of a risk! Also my blood pressure was a lot better today too - slightly low but nothing to worry about. I'll get the results back on Thursday or Friday.
Keita's school meeting went okay, he has a very straightforward teacher and she told him he'll need to pull his socks up a bit if he doesn't want his grades to slip. They weren't that bad overall and surprisingly he got a '5' for English!! 5-1 is like A-E in the UK. The rest were either 3 or 4 although she said one of the '3's' was dangerously close to a 2!!
Not much to write about - the house is in a shambles, we are still eating bought food (and getting fed up of it) but I've at least got the washing machine installed properly so there is no washing piling up anymore, well not more than a normal days worth that is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment