Thursday, 3 July 2008

Yesterday morning and last night I sorted out all the old futons, bedding, curtains and Keita's clothes so they are now on their way to the dump along with the rubbish from Setsuo's father's place (it filled a truck!). I was amazed at how much there was but it's nice to get rid of it all. I even threw away the quilts we'd been using until the night before and the ones we are sleeping ON, will be getting tossed when we move! I was going to carry on with another room this morning but the painter has come to paint the framework of the new wall so I left the house in complete disarray at 8am and am still here.

On another note, Aya has been talking lately about moving into her own flat when she finds a job. That in itself is no surprise as she's lived away from home for so long but...... she is thinking of living with her boyfriend. She's known him for a few years and started going out with him once she came back from Tokyo - hence the reason she didn't go to the UK - so it isn't a spur of the moment thing (although I hoped she would wait a bit longer) but I can just imagine what Setsuo's reaction is going to be! As it is, he refers to him as 'her friend' rather than 'boyfriend' and to make matters worse, he can't stand the father!! I'll need to catch him at a good moment to prepare him for the news!!

No comments: