Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Have more or less given up on the hula-hoop, I'll try again when I have more of a waist to keep it up with!!

For the past 4 nights I've been going out for a 1-hour fast walk with my neighbour. The first night just about killed me - that's how unfit I am - but it's getting easier and we are walking faster. Two nights ago I ended up with a blister on the sole of my foot and then last night got another one on one of my toes so today I went and bought another pair of shoes which hopefully will solve that problem. Only drawback is that I've also been having a beer when I get home but from tonight, I'm going to have an apple-cider/soda drink instead.

Because of the O-bon holiday, I have no lessons from August 9-17 but got an email last night to say that there are bb matches on quite a few of those days so I won't be having the relaxing time I'd planned.

2 comments:

Gaijin Wife said...

Often wondered about a hoop. I should probably wait till I've got more of a waist too :)

Have been walking a bit though and fingers crossed the walking outnumbers my beers.

ailsa said...

At least you have a good excuse for not having a waist! Seems that beer is the downfall for a lot of us - especially in the heat of the summer and with all those o-chugen beer gifts to get through!