Friday, 31 July 2009

Last night was the first night we didn't huff and puff our way through our walk so it's obviously doing some good. It only helped that it was coolish too so I got back home feeling rather good. Shoes did well although I now have a blister on a blister (is that possible? If not, it's just double the size). It's the first time to get one on the sole of my foot so I reckon I must walk in a strange way, hmmm.

Tonight is my drinking night (no beer for the past 2 days) so I'm going to have to be strong-willed and get home at a reasonable hour or feel like crap tomorrow morning although I'm hoping the weather forecast turns out right and BB gets cancelled. Problem is, because we are 45 mins away, we never get the message before we have to leave the house.

On all other fronts things are as boring as ever. Friday is my worst day for teaching since I've got one class of 1st graders who just aren't 'getting it'. Reckon I must be getting too old for the amount of energy that age-group have since I remember having the same problems last year with the same age-group (who by the way are now 2 great classes). Maybe next year I'll only take 2nd grade and up! One more lesson to go then off out galivanting.

Oh just remembered something else, because of taxes Setsuo is going to take a cut in pay and when we added up my earnings from the company, teaching and rent, I'll be earning more than him - don't think he was very happy when he realised although it doesn't make much difference since all the money is pooled and it invariably gets put back into the company anyway!

1 comment:

M said...

Did you manage to not be out super late?! ;-)