Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Well as expected I probably did drink more than you should when you're trying to lose weight but it was fun nonetheless. I was good in that I came home after the meal and didn't go on to the second pub. However, the next night everyone was out of the house - Setsuo has patrol duty at the local summer festival and both Kana and Keita went there with friends - so I was on my own with nobody to even cook for. In the end it was a toss up between reading my book (book 2 of Stieg Larsson's trilogy which is highly recommended) or going out with my neighbour. In the end, the lure of friendship won! We were home just after 9.30 and only had 2 beers so although I wasn't exactly good, it could have been worse!

I still haven't mastered the art of hula-hooping but today had plenty of exercise washing the staircases, cleaning Lisa's room (for those who know her, you'll appreciate what kind of job that was!) and then doing the usual washing of floors and a big pile of washing since it's been raining for the past two days. While I was still feeling enthusiastic (actually it was because I saw myself in the mirror after my shower) I also washed down the verandah. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I'm going to see a bit of a change in the scales because so far I've only lost 800g!

On the bb front, we are off to Wakayama on Saturday with the 3rd year team. If they manage to win then it'll be a repeat on Sunday and again Monday too if they win that game. I've a feeling it'll just be a one day thing though.

4 comments:

illahee said...

i haven't done hula-hooping since i was a child. well, unless you count the wii fit. LOL have fun!!

ailsa said...

I can just about manage the Wii hula-hooping but am still having no luck with the real thing. Obviously out of practice with all the gyrating - haven't danced for years either! Still 1.2kg down and 6,8 to go.
By the way, what was the healthy diet drink you mentioned on your blog?

illahee said...

oh, that's called a 'healthia something something'. LOL i'll have to take a picture of it and blog about it...it really does taste bad, though! but, supposedly it burns fat.

ailsa said...

If it burns fat, I'm willing to give anything a try!