Friday, 12 October 2007

Friday 12th October

This morning I HAD to start making inroads into cleaning the house. Every day I've had great intentions of starting after dinner but once that time came, was too knackered to start. Last night was supposed to be the night we started for definite but both Setsuo and Ka didn't get back for dinner until well after 8pm and by the time the dishes were cleared I'd had 2 beers and couldn't be bothered! Anyway, this morning I did A's room so that we can sleep in that (M&D will have our room) and also washed out the fridge and from tonight it's just a case of cleaning the rest of the house. I'll be so glad when both Ka & K have their own rooms and can have the living room/dining room a bit tidier. I just have to train Setsuo to stop hanging his trousers on the curtain hook when he comes home! One thing is that we won't have window sills in the new place so I don't know what I'm going to do with everything that is on them now - there is only so much cupboard space so I'll have to get rid of some of it.

My visit to the dentist went okay and was pain free apart from some slight discomfort when he was working around a nerve. I can see me having a weekly 'date' with the dentist for a good few months to come though. This time I am determined to go once a month for 'maintenance' - the dentist's word not mine!!

This Sunday (14th), I have an English Teachers' Meeting in my classroom from 2 - 5 pm and then we will probably all go out for drinks/dinner later. Setsuo is away to Hiroshima tomorrow and will stay overnight. He is going for a reunion with the people he was in the Navy with so it will be good for him. Problem is, everything seems to be happening with the house this weekend and so I think he is a bit torn with wanting to go but wanting to make sure things go smoothly here. Two of the carpenters will come in on Sunday though so there shouldn't be any problems.

No comments: