Friday, 5 October 2007

Friday 5th October

Well I didn't quite make it home by 12pm (although 3 of us were trying!) but it was just half an hour later so that wasn't too bad. I ended up on the computer for an hour before going to bed so I was tired this morning. The nights are cool now so it's easier to sleep and harder to wake up - even for Setsuo who is usually up at the crack of dawn.

I managed to find time to go and get my hair cut this morning and had to fight to keep my eyes open. There must be something about having your head/hair touched that make you sleepy. K ALWAYS falls asleep at the barbers and today I could understand why. Anyway it's now quite short - shorter than I really wanted, but at least I won't have to go back for a while. On the way, I had to fight the urge to go and look at the kitchen. There are so many workers there at the moment and since the painters are doing the staircase/hallways I doubt I'd be very welcome. There is still a chance that Setsuo will call and ask about something or another so I may still go!

The big countdown is now on! There is only 10 days till Mum and Dad arrive, 13 until C & Co and 14 until S & Co. The paperer and the guy sealing the verandah have to finish before the air conditioners, sinks and toilets can go in, then it's time for the cleaners who have to finish before the carpet tiles in the classroom can go down, so they are also under pressure. I also only have 10 days to buy bedding, a few kitchen things like kettle, toaster etc, curtains and light fittings not to mention get our house into some kind of order - Yikes!! It's going to be one big panic! One thing I have managed to get done is to book Spike on 'his holidays' from the 16th until the 27th. We'll take him early morning on our way to the airport to collect M&D and then he will be delivered home after we've taken S & Co back to the airport on the 27th. Just hope he behaves for everyone after that or he will need to go for another week! It's such a shame because he is such a loving dog, just too over excited/protective of us all.

An hour later..........

Well I did go to the house (I knew I would!) and what a difference in just one day. Now all the doors are in as well as K & Ka's closet doors and the kitchen is a nice colour! I don't know what the whole thing is going to look like but at least I like the colour. The hallway is a yellow/beige (more yellow than beige) and looks quite nice too. The only thing that isn't so great is that the hood above the cooker comes out over a very small part of the window so I wonder what I'm going to do for curtains there. The windows were already in before we decided to alter our plans and move in so it can't be helped and it's a small price to pay I suppose. Another things is the doors we ordered for the toilet and room where you strip off before going into the bathroom have 3 squares of glass in them which look lovely but they are quite 'see-through' so I'm going to have to find some sort of sticker to put there to block the view. No problem when it's just family but........

A couple of complaints but all in all I'm happy about everything. The wallpaper was a really good choice - it's very plain but has a hint of colour to it so it is nice and warm looking whereas white would have been very stark. Considering it was a very quick decision, it was a good one! Once the painters have finished - I think they only have the banisters to paint now - I'll go and take some more photos.

No comments: