Well it's been a pretty hectic weekend with one thing or another. I've more or less got the house into order and just need to wash the floors, clean toilets and shower room now. Trying to get everything that will go to the new house for C & S out of sight and into my office is proving the most difficult. I'm sure the people in the Company below me think I'm moving into my office not out of it!
The meeting yesterday went well and then 11 of us went out for dinner afterwards. I was sitting next to a male teacher from Kobe who I met at last years Expo and thought was really quiet but he was good fun. All the food came on big platters and he continually served Lisa and Michelle and I - reckon we all chose the wrong husband! It was so nice to pampered for a change! As is always the case, we all sat together with the Japanese teachers at the other end of the table. Usually it's just by chance but last night we 'planned' it that way! There are so few opportunities for us all to get together that we have to make the most of what we have.
Setsuo seemed to enjoy his trip to Hiroshima (he'll be going again with us lot next week!) although I haven't really had a chance to talk to him about it. Last night when I got home, he and K were on their way to bed and then he was already out before I got up.
K's baseball team won their match again yesterday 2-1 with K getting a home-run so he was a happy boy yesterday! It's just a pity I wasn't there to see it.
This morning when Setsuo and I went to see the house, we decided to ask the paperers to put wallpaper between the shelves of the bookcases as it just doesn't look good the way it is. We talked about it before but they said that it would probably start to peel a bit after a while but at least it will look good at the beginning. Today they are doing the stairs and then from tomorrow the cleaners will go in. Everyone has really worked hard to get it ready in time and I'm really grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment