Friday, 23 November 2007

Friday 23rd November

Today is a public holiday and because one of the elementary schools had some kind of music festival (not Ks) there was also no baseball practice so I got to sleep as long as I like. It was such a nice feeling going to bed and knowing I didn't have to get up at a certain time and was just as well too because I didn't go to bed until 1.40! I now have 2 classes to teach and then its the party for the 30th anniversary of Ks baseball team.

Last night we met with the baseball coach in my classroom and we all talked until around midnight. It turns out that the school will only accept them if there is a relative who will live with them in the area. In a way it was a disappointment, but more of a relief really. K too, has said that he didn't want to go anyway. The coach has said that for the next three years, there will be a lot of scouts watching them and if they continue the way they are going, then there is a good chance that they will be offered places not only in this school but a lot of others too so it's up to the two of them to keep practising. I think they will end up going into the local team (as opposed to the junior high school team) but we still don't have to make any decisions. The coach is going to see what other options there are. He also said that in his 19 years of coaching, he had never seen anyone with even near the ability the two of them have! You can imagine how proud Setsuo is and between the pair of us, I'm sure we are boring everyone to death talking about it - I know AL&K must be fed up of it all by now. I promise to try to limit the 'proud mother' posts from now on.

No comments: