A pretty boring day really. The only thing worth mentioning is my visit to the dentist (which shows you I'm scraping the barrel for news!) I'd washed my hair before going and although I'd dried it, it must still have been a bit damp because after I'd been lying in the chair for nearly an hour, and then talking to not one but two dentists, I went to the toilet only to realise that it had dried 'properly' and was sticking straight up!! No wonder the receptionist was looking at me strangely. If that wasn't bad enough, all of the grey hairs were VERY visible so I decided tonight was definately time to dye it.
Tomorrow I have to go to Ka's school for the last meeting before they leave in January so it's just as well I've done it. Since I don't see them that often, they won't realise that it's not my 'normal' colour (in fact since I've done it, I haven't even looked in a mirror myself - wonder what colour it actually is).
Ka had requested a retired couple as homestay parents but got an email from her host 'sister' yesterday. She will be staying with an 8 year old boy, a 13 yo girl and a 15 yo boy. The mother is 41 and a kindergarten teacher and the father is 46 and wait for it - a sheep farmer!! They have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 3 ducks, 6 chickens, 1 rabbit and lots of sheep! At least she can talk to the animals if she feels lonely! The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the 15 yo boy as Ka will probably be in the same year at school as they go into the year below what they are in in Japan. Hopefully they will get along okay though without any romancing!! Not exactly what she wanted but hopefully it will work out okay.
Tomorrow I have to be up at 6 am to get K out to baseball so I don't know why I'm still sitting here at 11.30pm. No doubt I'll have to prise myself out of my futon in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment