For the past couple of days, K has been coughing and said he didn't feel up to going to school (which doesn't often happen) so I took him to the Doc's to get some medicine. It's nothing serious and had it been one of the other kids I would just have let it take it's course, but with K still having a bit of asthma now and then, it's always better to catch it sooner rather than later. He is quite happily playing his games, watching TV and generally lolling around. The Doc was really surprised when he saw how much he'd grown since last time.
I also went and booked the year end party for Setsuo's company. We are going to have it at the Chinese restaurant in Juso and when I walked in, they must have thought I was booking it for the English Party because their faces fell a bit when they realised it was only going to be for 8 as opposed to over 50! Maybe next year I'll have mine there. I had one party at their restaurant before they moved to their new building and the next year when I went, they didn't appear very keen - probably because it was all new (I know the feeling!) - so I have just had them in the classroom since. If I did go the restaurant route, we would only have to have one party regardless of the numbers plus no cleaning up which would make it a lot easier. As things stand, we will have the office party on the 22nd and then the school one on the 23rd so it'll be a tiring weekend although I am finishing my lessons on the 22nd too and won't start again until Jan 7th.
Now just have to book the restaurant for Christmas day. We've been to the same one 3 years running now so maybe it's time for a change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment