Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Wednesday, 21st November

For the past two nights I have slept in my own bed. After Mum left, I stayed downstairs where I had been but after reading a book - not a frightening one - I got spooked for some reason. It's the one and only time I've ever felt uneasy in the house, so much so that I decided to go back upstairs. I had both Spike and Daisy trying to get into my bed with me and when I wouldn't let them in, Daisy barked and scratched at the covers with the result that I got very little sleep. Last night I thought it would be better, but no, it was just the same only this time she was actually biting the covers too. I had them pulled up tight around myself like a cocoon so that she couldn't find anyway in but she kept on and on. I don't know how but everyone else managed to sleep through it. Eventually either she or I must have fallen asleep but she was trying again from about 6am. Hopefully tonight will be easier or I may be downstairs again.

I also woke up this morning with a sty in my right eye. It's been coming since the end of last week but was slightly swollen today so I went to the optician and got eye drops. Hopefully it will clear up. Between dentists and opticians, all my free time is being eaten away. Ahh the joys of getting older!

No comments: