Last night we all met up here at 9pm and it took all of 10 minutes to get everything bagged for the baseball party! After that it was the usual drinking/talking but we managed to leave by just before 12pm so it wasn't too bad. Tonight is definitely an early night!
Before I left to go out, Lisa phoned to say that while she was at her part time job, during the break she had been sitting with her legs underneath her so her foot had gone to sleep and when she went to stand up, she heard a crack and her foot started to swell. Someone took her home and then a friend took her to the hospital. It turns out that she has whats called 'hakuri kossetsu'. 'Kossetsu' means break but 'hakuri' means 'to peel away' so I'm not exactly sure what it is although she now has a cast from just below the knee to her foot! The doctor said it usually takes between 4 and 6 weeks to heal so I don't think she'll be getting dressed up in her kimono for the 'coming of age' ceremony in January! Just as well we have already had the photos taken.
I was going to cancel the Christmas dinner at the hotel but Lisa said she'll manage as long as we all go and get her food for her. She was going to be coming home on Sunday anyway but it now means that one of us will have to go and collect her (for me after the party or Setsuo, after work).
Today Setsuo took me to pick up all the bags of treats for the party and I also bought about 16 2L bottles of juice so I think we are all set apart from the cakes.
Keita and his friend met up and have decided that unless there are any new options later on, they will go into the local team. A bit of a relief all round (although I think Riku's father was pushing for the boarding school option).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment