Thursday, 13 December 2007

Thursday, 13th December




As you can see from the photos, I got the Xmas tree up and another few decorations too. I should have added an extra set of lights (I only used 2) but it should be okay. Hopefully Setsuo will come and put some hooks in the ceiling so that I can add the hanging Santas as well because it looks a bit dull compared with previous years. Because I'm not supposed to be in the building yet, I've not put lights up at the windows which would really make all the difference.

Last night I got a phone call from Keita's friend's mum to say that the coach had phoned. This time he wants to take them to another school about 1 hour away. It's a lot nearer but the catch is that it's one of the top schools with really high academic standards so I doubt if Keita (and from what his mum said, Riku too) would get in and even if they did manage it somehow, I think they would really struggle with the work and maybe end up disliking school because of it. I've said that I don't mind him taking (another) day off school to go but haven't asked Keita yet. He really dislikes being absent from school and so may not even want to go. The coach is supposed to be phoning again tonight to say what day he wants to take them so I'll need to ask Keita what he wants to do.

Yesterday I went and transferred money to what will be Kana's bank account in New Zealand and then today I had to do the same for the insurance for her. It was 142,000 for the 11 months but at least if anything happens like it did with Lisa, she'll be covered. I have a feeling that I'll get off much lighter regarding spending money this time around since she will be in the country and when I looked on the internet, there isn't even any public transport in the town so I hope she gets on with her host family or she will be up the creek!

Today is another light teaching day and I especially like the last class - it's a group of girls who have (mostly) been coming since I started up again and they are a joy to teach.

No comments: