Monday, 3 December 2007

Monday, 3rd December




These photos are from the other night. I'd cooked hamburgers and was going to shred some cabbage to go with it but since the cabbage leaves came off whole, I decided to have them as a 'plate' just to make it a bit more interesting! Everyone was surprised when they saw their dinner and the 'plates' didn't go to waste either because I rewashed them and used them in a soup the next day!! (Trying to get a decent photo of Keita was nigh on impossible because he kept making funny faces - this is the best there was).

After I posted the last blog I went and looked at my hair and it is very dark brown. Since I haven't dyed it for a while and my 'normal' colour had been back for a while, I don't know if it's that much darker than what I've been using but there was a big difference between the before and after. I also went and got it cut yesterday - as usual, I'm not keen on it but I usually get used to it and start to like it after about a week.

When I went to Kana's school on Saturday (I've decided just to use names since this blog is only open to those I invite anyway!) we got the whole schedule from now until when they return on Dec 7th 2008! Things that need to be done SOON is get her insurance and NZ bank account organised. Money again! The insurance is the worst but since Lisa well and truly got her money's worth from hers, I don't mind paying it this time. The money that has to go into the NZ bank account will be her spending money so I don't have to put that much in at the beginning. Since she will be further from the shops than Lisa was, and isn't so much as a spender anyway, I can't see her needing as much as Lisa did but time will tell.

Yesterday we went and bought an umbrella stand for the entrance hall - just as well since it's raining today! - and then went and got Setsuo some trousers. We called round to watch Keita playing baseball for half and hour and then I did some shopping and then that was it for the rest of the day. Nothing exciting at all.

Keita, his friend Riku and another boy have been chosen to play in the 'All Star' team for this area but the first match will be the day of my Xmas party so I won't be able to go and watch it. Hopefully they will get through to the next round so that I can go to that one.

Another Monday and another long teaching day. Two students who usually come on Saturday will join one of the classes today (two from that class will go into a Tuesday one and two from that Tuesday one will go into a later class the same day). It'll be hard for a couple of weeks but hopefully it will all work out and I'll have one less Saturday class to teach so can finish earlier. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: