Tuesday, 18 December 2007




Yesterday I tried to upload a couple of pictures and wrote a whole load about the weekend but for some reason I couldn't get it to upload and finally gave up trying. Success today! The top one is my 3 youngest students (all just turned 4), middle and bottom ones from Keita's match on Sunday.

A quick recap of the weekend:
On Saturday I went out with the other mothers and had a good night. My friend and I decided we would DEFINITELY leave by 12pm and surprisingly we managed! In fact, everyone left at the same time. So saying we had all had quite a lot to drink and the next morning I didn't feel that great (I later found out it was probably a stomach bug that is doing the rounds and not just the after effects of booze).

On Sunday we went to a baseball match which was over an hours drive away and way up a mountain so it was freezing and also raining at one point. It was a proper stadium where all the kids names were up on the scoreboard and each player was announced over the loudspeaker. If you look at the photo, Keita's name is on the left hand side, under the number 4 (and the number 1 which is his number). On our team, Nomiyama is the only name with 3 chinese characters so it stood out a bit. None of the kids were in very good form though so it wasn't too surprising when they lost the game and also the chance to advance to the quarter finals. Once we got home and had something to eat, Keita also came down with a sore stomach and so was off school yesterday.

He was also off today too so that the coach could take them to the other school. This morning Riku was supposed to come to our house around 9.30 and the coach was going to collect both of them at 10 but at 8.30 his mum phoned to say that he'd caught the bug and couldn't leave the toilet so I thought the coach might cancel but he said he was still going to go with just Keita. Keita wasn't very happy at the thought of having to go alone but off he went albeit nervous. Once they left, I went off to the nursery for my English class and when I was finished I checked my phone and saw that the coach had tried to phone me twice. Turns out that Keita hadn't taken a blank ball (to be signed) so they came all the way back for it (I hadn't heard anything about needing to take the ball). Setsuo said there was another guy in the car too and I think it was the Manager of the University Baseball team (the school they are going to today also has a senior high school and a university attached). I don't know what time they'll be back but I doubt it'll be very late. Poor Riku, he was the one who was most keen to go.

Christmas preparations are proving almost impossible to get done. I've ordered the cake and snack bags for the party and bought sweets, paper plates etc but still need some other bits and pieces. On Sunday, my friend helped to bag the presents so at least on the party front, things are progressing slowly. I just wish things were going as well on the home front. I have absolutely nothing bought - not even xmas cards - and have decided that the 24th will be our shopping day. Hopefully Aya, Lisa and Kana will all come with me. Once Christmas is over, it's time to start getting Kana organised for going to New Zealand and again there will be a lot of shopping needing to be done. Somehow in amongst all that, I have also to find time to go through cupboards and try to pack as much as possible. Woh is me!

No comments: