This morning I woke up at 5.30 am because Ka had to go to school early yet again and I wanted to make her breakfast before she left at around 6.15 (sounds like I'm such a loving Mum but I don't often do it, she will usually just make something herself if she has to leave before everyone else is up). Anyway I made her breakfast and then started to feel dizzy so when Setsuo and K got up, I went back to bed! Don't know whether it was the shock of being up so early or a middle-aged thing but it happens now and then. Anyway, I stayed in bed until 8.30 and then took it easy until 10am. Can't say I feel great because of it but it will no doubt do me good to have a bit more sleep. I don't really go to bed that late but I've always woken up lots of times during the night so never get a full night's sleep.
Yesterday I said that L hadn't gone to Tokyo. Well she didn't go to Tokyo but they had gone to Mount Fujii and then on to Shizuoka instead. Must of been me who was half asleep when I was talking to her because I definitely didn't pick up on that part, I only heard the part about not going to Tokyo! When I phoned this morning, they were in Tochigi and don't plan on coming back until early next week.
A also phoned this morning on her way to work. She was struggling to talk and control her umbrella at the same time and eventually had to give up because the wind was so strong. A lot of the trains (and most of the planes) have been cancelled because of a Typhoon and Tokyo is where all the action will be for most of the morning.
A's manager will change next week - two department managers will swap over and I don't think she is very happy about it. I have a feeling she won't stay in that job for more than a year unless she is moved to the Osaka Office (if/when it opens). I think she would like to be back in Osaka more than anything but she also talks of going back to the UK and the other night, after a program about Orangutans in Indonesia, was trying to find out about jobs there too so she is obviously not thinking long term about the job she has now! It would be nice for us if she was back in Osaka but it has to be her decision so I keep quiet and just listen!
Off now for my daily 'inspection' of the new building. They are supposed to be putting in the bookshelves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment