Well there was a space between posts but only because I wrote out a really long one the other night and it disappeared into cyberspace and I couldn't be bothered typing it all out again.
L has now arrived in Hokkaido! The driver got a phone call from his girlfriend to say she was dumping him so he 'retired' and because the rest were left without wheels, they decided to buy a 3 days railpass. That was a couple of days ago though so I wonder if they will buy yet another one to get them home. Oh to be young and carefree again!
Ka's 3 outfits are now sewn up thanks to my friend, the shop and the woman next door! Now I just have to go and buy something as Thank Yous. My friend has said she won't take money so I'll have to put my thinking cap on there but I'll give the woman next door some supermarket gift vouchers and cake.
On Saturday I went to a meeting at Ka's school which I thought was for everyone but it turned out there were only 4 of us - the 4 who had missed the last meeting - oops! It was just to let us know the rules etc for NZ (which I knew already) This time around, they will all go to Christchurch for 10 days and then travel to their respective homestays. When L went, 2 of the students stayed in the same house for a week before splitting up but they have changed it. Probably better this way. If Ka does the English and Maths course, she won't be in Auckland but hopefully not too far away from S and Co.
On Sunday, Setsuo and I went and booked the trip to Hiroshima. We will leave on Oct 21st by Shinkansen, stay overnight and then come back the following night. Now just need to pay for it! After that, we went and looked at tiles for the entrance way and as usual, both like completely different styles/colours! Sometimes I wonder how we have managed to stay married for so long since we are almost opposites in many, many ways. From there we went to Yodobashi Camera, a huge electrical store, and I bought a camera. I wanted a Sony but of course that had to be the only one that didn't have an English option so in the end I paid an extra 10,000 yen to get the overseas model but at least I can understand it and it wasn't that bad since we had 20,000 yen worth of 'points' on our card which I used. So, I can now take pictures and once I get time to download them to the computer, I can also add photos here. So far I've only taken some of the new building but will be able to take some of Ka at her bunkasai.
Yesterday was also a busy day. I woke Ka at 5am and then went back to bed only to be woken by her telephoning to say she had forgotten her club uniform and would I take it to the school. To get to her school takes between 20 - 50 minutes depending on the traffic ( I was lucky yesterday!) Once I was back, it was off to the banks to pay bills for the company and by then it was lunch time. I also had classes from 2 - 6.30 pm and then it was a mad dash to go and collect Ka's newly made uniforms. It's going to be a relief when this is all over - thank goodness K is a boy and won't need all the fancy frilly silky things!
A phoned this morning to say that someone who had been carrying explosives on the same train that she uses everyday had been arrested! There is always something going on with the trains in Tokyo, throwing yourself in front of trains seems to be quite a common thing - Osaka seems very tame in comparison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment