The title says it all - I just can't keep away!
L phoned tonight to say that she is going to Tokyo for a day or two with friends. I just hope they drive carefully. A couple of months ago, when she went to Okinawa with the same group of friends, she told me about how they guys were driving really fast - even she was afraid so I can just imagine the speed they were going. I won't rest until she either phones or mails to say they have either arrived there or back home. Little do they realise that there is a typhoon headed for Tokyo tomorrow too ('A! also phoned tonight (actually she phoned only after I'd phoned her) I can't seemto stop phoning either of them - do the parental ties ever loosen their grip?) Anyway, I'm sure they will get there and back okay whether I worry or not and probably have a great time into the bargain. Now I know the worries I must have caused when I was that age!
Ka didn't get back home until well after 8.30pm (since daughter no 3 and son both have the initial 'K', I've decided to call daughter umber 3 Ka, and son K). She is stil practicing for her Autumn festival (bunkasai) which will be held on Sept 16th. I'm looking forward to seeing it but I had also arranged to go out with 3 other teachers who also belong to the same group as I'm in (ETJ) and so had to cancel - I was sure it was the following weekend - and so it was a disappointment especially since 3 of us had also planned to go out over the August holiday and didn't manage that either. There is still the ETJ meeting at my classroom in October to look forward to though and one of the other women and I plan to try to go out sometime even though it may just be the two of us. Actually, these days my social life is not THAT bad. I go out with some of the other mothers from K's baseball club (although those nights leave me absolutely knackered as they are usually a 2am or 3am affair. Needless to say, I am one of the sempai mums - older than the rest - so it affects me more!) and also I go out with 2 of my neighbours now and again. My Thai friend of 22 years and I still meet up now and then but it's usually a yearly affair. Last month, some of the mothers from Ka's nursery school days and I got together for a night out. It was the first time we'd all been together for about 9 years so there was a lot of catching up to do. I had wondered if it would be a strain but in fact we all talked as if we'd been seeing each other other every day! All in all, I reckon my social life is picking up! It's taken a while but I've got there eventually.
Sometimes I feel guilty when I go out gallivanting and Setsuo is at home but I've come to realise that he is a home buddy and prefers to be 'in' rather than 'out'. So saying, he does have nights out now and again, it's just that mine totally outnumber his! It doesn't make me feel guilty enough to stay at home though!
Once again, I've blethered on and on and I've probably bored everyone to tears by now so will stop. Three posts in one days is more than enough for a start and I promise to try to limit them in the future (will have to stay off the beer though!).
Don't really know why I'm saying all this since I haven't even told anyone about this blog. If you are reading a couple of months from now, my apologies!!! 'Nite all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment