Monday, 24 September 2007

Monday 24th September



Another Monday, holiday and work! Not that I've done any work so far but I am in the office.

On Saturday I had a great day at the BBQ in Takatsuki. We went to L's local park (friend has same name as L). There were 4 of us from the English Teaching group, an Indian friend of C's and Japanese spouses or friends. All together I think there were about 12 of us. The four of us arrived early so we started in on the beer early too and I haven't laughed so much in ages. I have a good laugh with my Japanese friends too but it is definately not the same. We really had good fun. After the BBQ we went back to L's house - she has her classroom in her house and the decision to have my classroom 'in' our house was confirmed as a good one, there will be plenty of space to have people come round without having to think about cleaning the place first! We all played pictionary and surprisingly I was quite good! After they suggested playing it, I was so relieved it wasn't Trivial pursuits!

Yesterday I got K off to baseball and then went back to bed. I couldn't believe it when I woke up and looked at the clock - it was 12! That is the first time in years that I've slept so long. I intended cleaning the house after lunch but my Thai friend phoned to see if she could come round as she was at her FIL's house. She is having a hard time just now because both sons are in Uni and money is tight so she has two jobs and I felt quite guilty because right at this moment, my life is probably the best it's ever been. I tried not to be too 'happy' and listened to her frustrations so I hope she didn't go away feeling worse. We planned to get together sometime soon but trying to find a time that suits us both is hard so it probably won't be for a while.

Anyway, I went to the new house because the carpenters are all on holiday today (although men are putting in the railing for the stairs) and took more photos so will post them and then sign off for today. Here are another two of Spike - Daisy is camera shy!

No comments: